The Scott County Schools Maintenance Department is seeking bids for grade work and paving services at the Scott County Schools Sports Complex located at 751 Filter Plant Road, Gate City, VA 24251. Sealed bids will be accepted until Tuesday March 21, 2023 at 9:30am. at the Scott County School Board Office, 340 East Jackson Street, Gate City, Virginia 24251, at which time they will be opened and publicly read. Sealed Bids shall be marked as “Paving for Sports Complex”.
An optional pre-bid conference will be held on Monday March 13, 2023 at 3pm. at the Scott County Sports Complex, 751 Filter Plant Road, Gate City, VA, 24251. The purpose of the pre-bid conference is to allow potential bidders an opportunity to present questions and obtain clarification relative to this solicitation and to view the project site.
For this project the contractor is responsible for the following;
- Purchase VDOT permit/s and building permits as needed
- Grade work or fill material to provide slope to the existing rip rap swale to promote water run off away from the neighboring property
- Rework rip rap swale 150 feet up the entry road to enter the inlet side of the tile to ensure proper drainage. Include rip rap rock to complete the work as needed
- 3” rock base
- 3” binder coat
- 1 ½” top finish coat
- The paved road should be 18’ wide and run 350’ with one center line and one line at the edge of the asphalt
- Include a slotted drain at the bottom of the road, and pipe to the rip rap and/or culvert area
- Include a 5’ wide sidewalk between the rip rap swale and the road with rock base, and binder coat only
- Provide 6” high curb between the side walk and paved road with asphalt material.
- Provide painted lines on the curb and for the sidewalk between the access road and the rip rap swale for clear identification as a side walk.
- Provide a finished survey drawing of the project to be used by AEP for lighting design
- Field verify all measurements
- Provide a valid Virginia contractor’s license with the bid
- Add 10% contingency funds onto the total bid price
Contact person will be Robert Sallee, Scott County Schools Maintenance Supervisor, 276-386-6561 (office), 423-782-0427 (cell) or email .
During the performance of this contract, the contractor will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other basis Pursuant to Section 2.2-4343.1 of the Code of Virginia.
During the performance of this contract, the contractor agrees to provide a drug-free workforce Pursuant to Section 2.2-4312 of the Code of Virginia.
During the performance of this contract, the contractor agrees to follow the Code of Virginia on sex offender’s entry onto school property Pursuant to Section 22.1-296.1(E) of the Code of Virginia.
Scott County School Board reserves the right to reject any and all quotes/bids.