Office of Elections and Voter Registration
2023 General Election
November 7, 2023 General Election
What is on the ballot?
- Virginia State Senate - 6th District
- Virginia House of Delegates - 45th District
- Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Commonwealth's Attorney
- Commissioner of the Revenue
- Board of Supervisors - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, At-large
- School Board - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Soil and Water Conservation Director (3 seats)
- Special Election for Mayor of Gate City
- Special Election for Mayor of Weber City
- Special Election for Weber City Town Council (1 seat)
General Election Calendar
- Early Voting Begins: September 22, 2023
- Final Day to Register to Vote/Change Voter registration Information: October 16, 2023
- Final Day to Request a Ballot to be mailed: October 27, 2023
- Final Day of Early Voting: November 4, 2023
- Election Day: November 7, 2023
In-Person Early Voting
Location: 190 Beech St., Suite 204, Gate City, VA 24251
Starting 45 days before the election and ending on the Saturday before the election
Times: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and also the two Saturdays preceding the election
Mail Absentee Voting/Military and Overseas Voting
All mailed ballots should be mailed back to our office at 190 Beech St, Suite 204, Gate City, VA 24251.
If you are in the military or will be overseas on Election Day, click this link Virginia Department of Elections - Military & Overseas for more information about receiving a ballot by email.
Virginia law requires all voters to provide an acceptable form of ID when voting in person. Voters arriving at the polls without an acceptable form of ID will be required to sign an ID Confirmation Statement.
Scott County Office of Elections and Voter Registration
190 Beech St. Ste 204 Gate City, VA 24251 • Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1892 Gate City, VA 24251
Phone: 276-386-3843 • Fax: 276-386-3741 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org